Hewlett Packard Enterprise – Windows Server OEM products
Downgrade kits and Replacement recovery media requests
Downgrade Kits and Replacement recovery media will be fulfilled by Hewlett Packard Enterprise ONLY for a Microsoft Windows Server license purchased directly from HP, Hewlett Packard Enterprise or any of our authorized Resellers.
Downgrade Kit Request
Requests for Downgrade Kits are available based on your License rights. Please refer to the Downgrade Rights information here to learn about options that can be fulfilled by Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
The Downgrade kit includes a DVD Media + License Key; if you only require one of these items, you will still receive both.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Microsoft has recently announced new policies regarding Silicon support for Windows Server OS products, including those that are offered through 'downgrade' rights.
By placing a request for a Windows Server 2012 R2 Downgrade kit, you confirm that your HPE Server meets the Microsoft processor requirements, the details of which can be found at the following link: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=847781.
PLEASE NOTE, for the deployed OS to be supported by Microsoft, your HPE Server must meet all processor requirements that are specified and listed for both the licensed product and the downgrade/down-edition (DG/DE) software.
This requirement applies both to customers who have purchased the Windows Server OEM license directly from HPE, or from an HPE Reseller or Partner. The Microsoft processor requirements are in addition to other hardware requirements for the Windows Server operating system products that are specified in the document located at https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windows/hardware/dn915086(v=vs.85).aspx.
Microsoft may update the processor requirements and the minimum hardware requirements for Windows Server operating system products as requirements change.
Replacement Recovery Media Request
Replacement Recovery Media requests are available for the Windows Server products listed below:
- Windows Server 2019: ALL Editions
- Windows Server 2016: ALL Editions
- Windows Server 2012 & 2012 R2: ALL Editions
Downgrades and Replacement media are allowed to be requested using the same COA SERIAL NUMBER, but Downgrades and Replacement Media need to be requested in separate orders
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise covers all product and standard shipping costs. However some countries may charge internal custom fees that will need to be covered by the requester.
- Expedited shipping is available for an extra fee.
- Upon order fulfillment, you will receive an email with the shipment tracking number and expected delivery details.
- Customer service available ONLY in English.
- According to Act on Registration of Sales for the Czech Republic the seller is obliged to provide a Receipt to a buyer. Seller is also obliged to report the sale to financial authority online; in case of technical breakdown to report the sale in 48 hours the latest.
Enhanced Security Notification
On May 1st , 2018, our portal will be disabling the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol 1.0 and 1.1 on our web applications. Operating Systems for Microsoft XP/Vista and below and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 or lower are not compatible to TLS 1.2. Please update your Operating System and\or Internet Browser to its latest version to access this portal without issue.